Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Florida Adventures: Bike Riding

What's the best way to save gas, beat traffic, get exercise and get a tan? Why riding a bike, of course!
I've had a bike since I was 5 years old. I've gone on mountain trails, bmx trails long road rides. As I've gotten older, I realized how much pollution we as humans put into the air we breathe in. I've decided that I was going to bike more when I came back for the spring semester. I bought a cheap road bike from Target one day when I wasn't able to find a parking spot in Thomas Parking Garage.


I ride my bike to school most days. The ride from my apartment is a fairly quick 2 mile ride that takes me through downtown on the boardwalk to campus. I don't wear a tracker so I am not sure how much many miles a day I bike but I would say on average 5 to 10 miles a day. I have gone on long bike rides where I am biking for 2 to 3 hours at a time. I've gone up and down Bayshore a few times. From the Platt street bridge to the end of Bayshore blvd is 4.5 miles 1 way.

After I graduate, I plan on buying a better bike to compete in duathlon's / triathlon's. A better bike will allow me to go faster and it'll be lighter in weight so I'll be able to farther distances with less burn.

The moral of this blog is, go out and bike! Stop polluting our earth and take your bike to school or work next time. Every little bit helps.

Here's a picture I took while riding on Bayshore yesterday. It's always a beautiful day in the TPA.

No comments: