Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Florida Adventures: Yankee Time

For the month of March, I have had the privilege to work for my favorite sports team, the New York Yankees. Each game that I have worked comes with different stories. I have met people from Japan, North Dakota, Oklahoma and multiple people from Buffalo, New York where I am from. I've helped intoxicated fans navigate through the stadium, sized hats on men, women and children and I've enjoyed everyday. A few games ago, I was speaking to a woman from Orlando who is the head of HR at a medical company asked me if I would come to work for the company she works for after I graduate.

As the spring season comes to an end, I can only look back and think about how fortunate I am to be put in the position that I've been put in. I've been working since I was 16. I've worked for multiple companies in Buffalo, a non-profit in London, United Kingdom and a few in Tampa. This job with the Yankees was by far my favorite, the people I worked with were terrific, I was able to see a few innings each game and the atmosphere is incredible because everyone's happy to be at the stadium.




No comments: