Sunday, November 29, 2015

Saturday, November 21st and Sunday, November 22nd

Amsterdam, Netherlands to Zermatt, Switzerland

Amsterdam was a fine time after I finally arrived around 6:30p.m.. We woke up on Saturday at 6a.m. to catch a train to Switzerland. After going through Germany for half the day and traveling to one of the southernmost cities in Switzerland, we made it to Zermatt around 9PM

We checked into our hostel and while we were in our room we met another American named, Daniel, from St. Paul, Minnesota and we all went out to a bar. The bar was a good time and I met some more Americans there on holiday. I had a couple of Valaisanne's (Swiss Beer). I met the owner of the bar and he bought me a few Heinekens after we started talking. It's amazing because no matter where I have traveled too, as soon as I tell someone I'm American they become much more interested in me and my journeys. 

We woke up Sunday around 12:30 because we were so hungover and when we went outside I was in awe because of how beautiful the mountains were that surrounded the entire city and the way the Matterhorn looked, just breathtaking. 

We took a gondola up 10,000 feet to get a closer view of the Matterhorn. I wish I knew how to ski or snowboard because that would've been the place to do it. The view up there was insane. Temperature is pretty cold as you could imagine. The temperature didn't go above 10'F while we were there. That evening we went ice skating and we played hockey on the rink in the center of town. Such a cool town in the mountains in Switzerland. 

Zermatt was by far the most beautiful place that I've ever gone to in my life. I've never seen mountains and I was in awe the whole time we were there. Just so amazing. I felt grateful to be able to see such an amazing town in the mountains.

No comments: