Monday, October 12, 2015

Saturday, October 3 2015

I met up with some people from CIS Abroad to walk around Camden Town to check out the different markets. 

At first, Camden Town, reminded me of China Town in NYC because there were street vendors selling anything you could imagine. From knockoff Beats Headphones to fake RayBans to small knick-knack tourist items. 

I bought 1 thing, a Micheal Jordan Chicago Bulls jersey for 25 pounds. I recommend Camden Town just because of all of the different foods that they have there and the shops are quite interesting. 

After I got back to Harrow from Camden Town, Andre, who I had met a few nights before with his cousin, John because they had a basketball and I asked where the closest park was to play. We exchanged numbers and Andre had texted me to come play. 

We met at the bus stop by my campus, we took a short 5 minute ride to another station and from there we walked about 10 minutes to the courts. The park was busy with people playing basketball, tennis, football and some people were out enjoying the beautiful early October weather. 

After a few games of 2v2 with one of Andre and john's friend we started shooting around for a while. I really got to know John and Andre and what their story is. Andre is 17 and John is 16, cousins from the Philippines. We started the games back up and we had 3v3 going for a couple games until it started to get dark. We played for about 4 hours. It only took me a few days before I made some 'local' friends. 

No comments: