Monday, October 12, 2015

Friday, October 9

Dave and I caught a train to Manchester to meet up with his mom and family. 

We went to central Manchester to explore the city. We went to a few old churches and a library (the architecture was amazing!). We ended up at a Rugby festival at Albert Square, which is one of the main areas in the city. 

We then stopped at Old Trafford, the stadium where Manchester United play. Another thing I can cross of the list (now I just have to see a match there). 

We went out to eat at an Indian restaurant where I had Tikki Massala(I think), padum and nan bread (garlic and seeded). Everything tasted good, I would definitely like to try more types of Indian food. From there we went to the hotel where we had some beers and played cards. Dave's brother in law and Dave's sister asked if I had plans to travel. After going over the list of places I wanted to go to. I told them I had just booked a flight to Egypt for a day trip. They gave me some tips of where to go, how to haggle and what foods to eat. 

They were all flying back to Germany the next morning and I hopped on a train back to London. They did tell me that if I wanted to I was more than welcome to stay at their house in Germany if I wanted to check it out. I'm extremely fortunate for all of the people I have met thus far. 


No comments: