Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Art 210: Logo Critique


I decided to compare Google and Yahoo'! email logos. I personally use gmail but I like the Yahoo! logo more. I believe both logos are appealing to the eye and you can tell the purpose of the app.

The gmail logo is strong because the M for mail creates an envelope. After seeing the logo you should automatically know that this logo is for some sort of mail. Unfortunately, because Google is not spelled out it may be difficult for some to recognize the logo. The red is extremely strong and it may be too busy for some because of it.

Yahoo! does a great job on their logo. I think the purple color is extremely appealing to the eye and I like how it starts to fade towards the bottom of the logo. I also like how identifiable it is. After looking at the logo you will know it's for mail and Yahoo owns it.
Google has created a more design appealing look because they created an envelope around a M to signify mail. While Yahoo! went a more basic route by creating an envelope and then adding Yahoo! underneath it. 

No comments: